May 2020 - Things I'm consuming
We're deep in to the Covid-19 quarantine and time and energy are in short supply with kids taking up a lot of both. I've settled in to a set of things I'm enjoying.
- Stratechery (paid) - The podcast version is easy for me to listen to while doing dishes.
- The Daily - How I get deeper news beyond scanning the headlines.
- ATP - Tune out and listen to people talk about tech.
- Home improvement videos on youtube - e.g. How to install a subfloor in a concrete basement. Directly related to my TV Room renovation.
- Nats What I Reckon - Amusing cooking.
- Curb your enthusiasm
- Westworld Season 3 + Alt Shift X's summaries
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Marie Kondo. I scanned the used books list at Powell's and decide to pick this up.
- Foundation and Empire - Isaac Asimov
In my Feedreader
I'm scanning the headlines in NetNewsWire mostly from these spots
- Ars Technica
- Financial Times (paid) - Mostly headlines, but sometimes I'll dig in to an article.
- Elektrek / Teslarati - I'm a fan of electric cars, and other than Elon Musk's tweets the articles about progress are a welcome distraction.
What are you consuming? Hit me up on twitter. @alphacolin